Now they were all safer at home but feel like it’s the perfect time to share a recipe with you all to enjoy. I prefer it with mashed potatoes and asparagus but honestly any side dishes would go great! You could even make multiple meals with this delicious chicken. Here’s how to make Garlic Butter Roast Chicken!
1 hr 15 mins
1 hr 25 mins
• 1 4-5 pound 2-3 kg whole chicken, at room temperature remove giblets and neck from cavity
• 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted ( I use KerryGold Irish Butter)
• 3 tablespoons olive oil
• 1/4 cup of Apple Cider Vinegar, (OPTIONAL)
• Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
• Season Salt to taste
• Garlic Powder to taste
• Paprika to taste
• 2 tablespoons of sage rub
• 4 garlic cloves, minced
• 1 head of garlic roughly peeled and cut in half horizontally through the middle crosswise
• 4 celery sticks
• 1/2 green bell pepper
• 1/2 large onion (yellow or red)
• Preheat oven to 430°F | 220°C (400°F or 200°C fan forced). Line roast pan with foil, or lightly grease.
• Remember to discard neck from inside the cavity and remove any excess fat and leftover feathers. Wash chicken (including cavity) under cold running water. I use vinegar and salt for this process too. Rinse clean and pat dry with paper towels.
• Pour the olive oil, melted butter, apple cider vinegar (if using) over the chicken, under the skin and inside the cavity. Season chicken (with intent of deliciousness) on the outside and inside the cavity with the remaining seasonings. Sprinkle over the sage rub.
• Rub the minced garlic over the chicken, mixing all ingredients together over the chicken and under the skin.
• Stuff the garlic head into the chicken cavity along with celery and onion. Tie legs together with kitchen string, if you have any.
• Place breast-side up into baking tray or roasting pan. Roast for 1 hour and 15-20 minutes, basting half way through cooking time, until juices run clear when chicken thigh is pierced with a knife. I prefer to cover with a lid.
• Baste again, then broil uncovered for 2 minutes, until golden.
• Remove from the oven, cover with lid and allow to stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Feel free to save the chicken broth for another recipe! I certainly did! I hope you enjoy this recipe. Let me know if you give it a try.